Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Heat Embossing Experiment

Hi All,
I have been stamping for 20+ years and heat embossing just as long.  I never gave it a thought that embossing powders would look different on different colored papers.  I read on another blog the other day how embossing powders look different on Black card stock versus traditional white card stock.  Well I had to experiment, and that lead to totally changing how I set up my swatch referral book.  A tutorial on my swatch book can be found on the Stamping Scrapping Tutorial ning website.  Below are 2 exact card.  One is embossed on white card stock.  The second one is embossed on black card stock.

 
It is hard to see in the pictures but the Tea Garden Green Embossing powder looks much darker on the black card stock.  Hope this gives you ideas to explore your embossing powders.


Card Supplies:
Printed Paper: Bo Bunny Rejoice Collection
Core’dinations Solid Dyed Core White Cardstock-Smooth Texture (Special Order From stampingscrapping.com)
Core’dinations Solid Dyed Core Black Cardstock – Smooth Texture (Special Order From stampingscrapping.com)
Spellbinders Grand Calibur
Spellbinder Dies: Card Creator Basics B, 2012 Heirloom Ornaments
Sizzix Tim Holtz Alterations Texture Fades Embossing Folder Holly Pattern
Tool: Happy Bugs Static Free Bag
Ink: Ranger Tim Holtz Distress Embossing Ink
Embossing Powders: Zing Red Glitter Finish, Wow Tea Garden Green, Wow Metallic Silver, Wow Sierra Sunrise
Stamps: Cindy Echtinaw Designs Heirloom Ornaments 2
Adhesive: Glue Glider Pro, Pop Dots
Happy experimenting, Christi Brisbane










1 comment:

  1. They both look very luxurious; I would be hard pressed to say which is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete