Thursday, September 19, 2013

Navy and White Delicate Doilies

 
 
Hi Friends,  I am working with more of the new 2013 Summer CHA release dies.  This time I used The Delicate Doilies.  I love this die.  I have to admit this card came together as an accident.  When I first was cutting the die I thought I would get a beautiful doily all cut out. Well I didn't use the outline die I needed to make just the doily, so I ended up with the doily in the middle of a piece of cardstock.  Well I couldn't very well let this go to waste, so I came up with this card instead.  I cut the base and the second layer using Grand Classic Squares.  I turned the second layer half a turn to off set the second layer from the first.  Then I used another of the Grand Classic Square to center the doily and layered the doily on the second layer.  I used the smallest die from Fanciful Lattice die for matting layer of the sentiment.  The Sentiment layer is cut with Card Creator A2 Matting Basics B.  The sentiment and the edges are inked in Nautical Blue from Memento Luxe. The stamp is from JustRite Get well Labels Twenty.  This stamp set can be used for so many different occasions.    
 


 
Happy Creating,
Christi Brisbane


1 comment:

  1. What a fortunate accident - I like this so much more than I would a simple doily.

    ReplyDelete